St. Paul’s Parish Administrator – Full time or Part time
St. Paul’s is a thriving faith community of over 400 families located in the heart of Brunswick, Maine in the Diocese of Maine. We are searching for a parish administrator who is highly competent and skilled to perform a broad spectrum of administrative functions efficiently, supporting the rector, staff and church volunteers.
We will consider candidates for Full Time (40 hours with benefits) or Part Time (job shared between two qualified candidates) with hourly pay in the $20-24 range.
- General financial experience.
- Experience writing reports.
- Experience with digital platforms and software such as Facebook, Facebook Live, YouTube, Zoom, Twitter, Mailchimp, Office Suite, Quickbooks, Publisher, CANVA for newsletters, church software such as BREEZE.
- Experience managing personnel, contracts and building maintenance.
- Certified in “Safe Church” program or be willing to complete it
- Demonstrated initiative and common-sense decision-making.
- Able to anticipate, plan for seasonal tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to enforce practices of “Manual of Business Methods in Church Affairs.”
- Able to work with diverse personalities and people with differing opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports.
- Ability to manage and supervise others.
- Demonstrated organizing skills.
- Able to work a varying work schedule and sometimes long hours.
- Able to handle confidential information and set healthy interpersonal boundaries.
Duties vary by day and church season, but would include:
- Interacting with members of the church and wider community in a welcoming and professional manner
- Maintaining church records, financial files, and meeting minutes
- Administering church online database (BREEZE) and maintaining electronic membership files
- Helping to prepare annual reports and budget
- Preparing the church for services and meetings
- Maintaining the church calendar and scheduling church and community meetings within the building, assisting with set up as needed
- Producing congregational communications including weekly and monthly e-newsletters
- Managing social media accounts and supporting web site maintenance
- Collaborating with Stewardship Ministry Team to produce campaign materials, mail merge letters, thank yous, pledge cards, and electronic giving information
- Coordinating with volunteers and contractors to ensure maintenance of the building and grounds
- Overseeing and maintaining church hardware, software and office equipment
Please apply to:
St. Paul’s Church, Attention: Rector, email@example.com